Wednesday 24 June 2020

Quick, modern & abstract


Im following a bunch of YT channels to help me crawl out of my graphics design burn-out.

There is one particular channel with daily videos and the artist is using a lot of stock images, which is a somewhat alien thought to me, because im obsessed with the idea i must create everything myself.
Another fixation that blocks my creativity, but its probably the reason why this guy is capable of doing one or two videos a day, while i need usually a couple of days for a single piece of art.

This channel also features a lot of stuff that is very trendy at the moment:
plastic wrap textures, rainbowchrome, recordcoverdesign, surreal imagery and melting/warped texteffects, etc.

So i recreated one of the pieces i watched recently and added my own spin to it, while still maintaining the key elements (abstract design with vertical text).
The circles with the tail were made in Inkscape, while the texture and filtering were added in Gimp/GMIC.
Took me under an hour to make, but i find the result very pleasing and encouraging to make more.


No comments: