Friday, 6 November 2015

True to the craft

This started as an exercise on how to vectorise and simplify shapes with an image of a hand. I had a few revelations in the process. The watercoloureffect of the hand was not what i was aiming for, but it looks good to me anyway.
Most of it was done in Gimp and then traced in Inkscape.
Also i added the banner, concentric circles and sunrays in Inkscape.
The grungeeffects were made in Gimp. 
The texture on the green background is an image of marble. 
The distress was made with a layermask.


Sunday, 1 November 2015

Bleed


I found this amazing blog with tons of scans of old matchboxes, and each of it screamed Inkscape at me.


I made the pattern of rectangles in Inkscape, but all the fake inkbleed was done with the Distort Selection script in Gimp.

The inkbleed on the 3D text is actually a G'MIC filter ('ColoredPencils'). Same with the paper texture. The lines are again a rotated grid, treated with techniques i showed in my last two tutorials.